It’s never too early to create your household’s emergency plan.
Here’s how to do it:
- Give each family member a responsibility.
- Designate a safe spot or central meeting location in case you get separated.
- Outline emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Create and practice an evacuation route.
- Stock up on non-perishable food, water bottles, flashlights and batteries.
- Pack a “go bag” for each member of the household.
- Make a plan for your pets.
You may also want to invest in walkie talkies for each family member. During regional emergencies and disasters, cell phone and Wi-Fi service is often spotty or even non-existent.